Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Few Thoughts on 2014

Three years I've been doing this and every year I've done a recap of the year and a look ahead to the following year. Why stop now? So 2014. Kind of a sucky year Pixar-wise. No movie made it a really empty year. However, it was a hot (and disappointing) year for future announcements. First off, in March, Bob Iger confirmed the development of Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2. My thoughts are expressed here. Then, in October, new stuff! The first teaser for Inside Out was released and it was glorious. Then, disaster struck. Toy Story 4 confirmed. I was none too pleased. Still not, but whatever. In the last month of the year, Toy Story That Time Forgot was released. I loved it. The second trailer for Inside Out was also released and was pretty good. Movie-wise, 2014 might have one of the greatest ever. The Lego Movie, Captain America 2, Godzilla, X-Men: DOFP, HTTYD2, TFiOS, 22 Jump Street, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy, BH6, Mockingjay, Penguins of Madagascar, so many great films.

Now, on to 2015. After the Pixar-less 2014, we get a double dose of Pixar in 2015. First up, on June 19, is Inside Out. As I stated earlier, I thought the trailers looked great and I'm super excited for it. Then, on Thanksgiving, we get The Good Dinosaur. I'm really intrigued by what they have planned for this film that has had a rocky development. Elsewhere in the film world, 2015 is shaping up to be just as good, if not better, than 2014. Jupiter Ascending, Spongebob 2, Kingsman, Chappie, Avengers 2, Mad Max, Tomorrowland, Paper Towns, Jurassic World, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four, Victor Frankenstein, Spectre, Peanuts, Mockingjay 2, The Force Awakens, and Mission: Impossible 5. My wallet is gonna be hurting next year. So, if you've made it this far, thanks for reading. I'll be around next year on Twitter, Facebook and Reddit, not sure about here. I'll definitely put up reviews for Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur. So thanks for reading.


P.S. Go watch Black Mirror on Netflix it's great

No comments:

Post a Comment