Pages

Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Is Pixar Making A Star Wars Movie?

Hey all. I just wanted to make this quick post regarding a little bit of news that just came across the interwebs. Latino Review is reporting that Pixar is in early development on a film set in the Star Wars universe. This has been rumored since Disney acquired Lucasfilm in late 2012, but this is the first real concrete rumor that has come around. However, before you started either cursing George Lucas or dancing in the streets in your Anakin Solo cosplay, hear me out.

I don't think Pixar is producing a Star Wars movie.

However, that doesn't mean they aren't involved. My guess is that it's actually Lucasfilm Animation working on it. It's more likely that it's just Pixar's Brain Trust (JL, Pete, Andrew, Lee, Brad Bird, MAndrews, Dan Scanlon, Bob Peterson) is helping out, much like they did on Tron: Legacy, The Muppets and every Disney film since 2007. So I definitely think it's a false alarm sort of thing. However, I'm very interested in the future of Star Wars. It can only go up from here. Have a great day and a great life. Bless your faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment